Same-Day Mud Dauber Removal
Have you noticed a small, tubular wasp hive constructed out of mud or clay? Chances are you have a mud dauber infestation on your hands. Thankfully, the experienced team of mud dauber exterminators at Paske is here to help.
When you call us to help get rid of mud daubers on your property, you can expect:
- Same-day service when you call before noon.
- A free, detailed inspection of your property to locate all nests, often found under eaves and soffits.
- Safe and effective removal of the mud dauber nest.
- Products that are EPA-approved and safe for your family and pets.
- A preventative treatment to prevent the stinging insects from rebuilding.
- On-going communication throughout the entire process.
- Our 30-day satisfaction warranty, backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee*.
Mud dauber removal is part of our stinging insect control service and is a one-time treatment. For year-round protection from a variety of pests, we recommend enrolling in our quarterly Complete Home™ pest control program.
Are Mud Daubers Dangerous?
Mud dauber wasps are generally not considered dangerous to humans. They are solitary insects that are not aggressive and do not live in large colonies like some other wasp species, such as yellow jackets or hornets. Mud daubers rarely sting unless they are directly handled or feel threatened.
However, it's worth noting that individual sensitivities to wasp stings can vary, and some people may have allergic reactions. It is always advisable to exercise caution around any stinging insects and avoid disturbing their nests. If mud dauber nests are present in or around your living spaces and causing concern, seek professional assistance for their safe removal.
What Are Mud Dauber Wasps?
Mud daubers, also known as mud wasps or dirt daubers, are a group of solitary wasps that are named after their unique behavior of building nests using mud or clay.
Missouri is home to two types of mud dauber wasps:
- Organ pipe mud daubers do not have a stalk-waisted abdomen—rather, the abdomen tapers gradually from slender to wider, from front to rear, and then tapers abruptly at the tip. They measure about 3/4 to 1 inch long and are colored black with a metallic blue luster. They build their nests as side-by-side arrangements of long, tubular mud formations partitioned into cells and provisioned with spiders.
- Black and yellow mud dauber adults are 1 to 1 1/8 in length and are colored black with yellow markings. These wasps construct compact, clump-like mud nests comprised of a side-by-side arrangement of mud cells.
How To Identify Mud Daubers
Aside from seeing wasps on your property, here are a few other signs that you might have these insects on your property:
- Nest construction: Mud dauber wasps construct their nests by gathering mud or clay, which they transport back to their nesting sites. They form small, tubular nests made of multiple chambers or cells. Each cell is typically provisioned with paralyzed spiders or insects, which serve as food for the developing wasp larvae.
- Behavior: Mud dauber wasps are solitary insects and do not live in colonies like some other wasp species. Females typically work alone to construct nests and provide food for their offspring. They are not typically aggressive and are known for their relatively docile behavior compared to social wasps like yellow jackets or hornets.
- Hunting and prey: Mud daubers are primarily predators of spiders and insects. They capture and paralyze their prey, then carry them back to their nests to provide a food source for their developing larvae. The paralyzed prey is placed inside each cell, and the female wasp lays an egg on it before sealing the cell with mud.
- Habitat: Mud daubers can be found in a variety of habitats, including gardens, forests, fields, and urban areas. They typically select sheltered locations to build their nests, such as under eaves, in cracks or crevices, or on the sides of buildings.
Should pests persist in between scheduled treatments, simply let us know and we'll re-service your home for no additional cost to you. That's our guarantee to you.
*Paske Pest Control & Wildlife Solutions reserves the right to determine if retreatment services are necessary.
Areas We Service in Missouri
It’s our honor to serve the St. Louis-Metro and Mid-Missouri areas. If you have a home or business in any of the following areas, our exterminators are here to serve you with fast, effective pest removal and prevention services in: