Same-Day Yellow Jacket Removal for the St. Louis Area & Beyond
Are painful stings from yellow jackets keeping you from enjoying your outdoor space? If you are looking for safe, effective yellow jacket removal, look no further than Paske.
Schedule Your Free Yellow Jacket Inspection Today
When you partner with our team of experienced yellow jacket control experts, you can expect:
- Same-day removal when you call before noon.
- A free, comprehensive inspection of your yard to locate the hive.
- EPA-approved products that are safe for your family and pets.
- Quick and safe yellow jacket nest removal.
- A preventative treatment application in the area to keep the stinging insects from returning.
- An optional yellow jacket trap to help capture foragers.
- A 30-day warranty from the initial service date.
- Open communication throughout the entire process.
- Service backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee*.
Our yellow jacket removal treatment is part of our stinging insect control program and is a one-time service. For greater protection and long-term savings, contact our team of wasp exterminators to learn about our quarterly Complete Home™ pest control program.
What Are Yellow Jackets?
Yellow jackets are a type of wasp that is often recognized by their yellow and black striped bodies. They are social insects that live in colonies and can be found throughout Missouri.
Are Yellow Jackets Dangerous?
Yellow jackets can be considered dangerous due to their aggressive nature and painful stings. While individual yellow jackets are not typically harmful unless provoked, they can become aggressive and sting multiple times if they feel threatened or if their nest is disturbed.
The sting of a yellow jacket can cause pain, swelling, and redness at the sting site. Some people may also experience allergic reactions, ranging from mild to severe. In rare cases, a yellow jacket sting can lead to anaphylaxis, a severe and potentially life-threatening allergic reaction.
How Do I Know If I Have Yellow Jackets?
You can determine if you have yellow jackets in your vicinity by looking for the following signs:
- Sightings: Yellow jackets are often visible flying around, particularly during the warmer months. They have yellow and black striped bodies and are approximately 1/2 to 3/4 inches long. Observing flying insects with this appearance may indicate the presence of yellow jackets.
- Nests: Yellow jackets construct nests in various locations, such as underground burrows, wall voids, tree hollows, or shrubs. The nests are made of a papery material and have a layered, honeycomb-like structure. If you come across a nest that matches this description, it is likely a yellow jacket nest. However, be cautious when approaching or disturbing a nest, as yellow jackets can become aggressive and sting in defense.
- Increased activity: Yellow jackets are social insects and live in colonies. If you notice a greater number of flying insects than usual in a specific area, especially if they seem to be entering and exiting a particular location repeatedly, it could indicate the presence of a yellow jacket nest nearby.
- Foraging behavior: Yellow jackets are attracted to food sources, particularly sweet substances. If you have outdoor food or beverages, such as soda, fruit, or sugary drinks, and you observe an unusually high number of yellow and black striped insects hovering around them, it may suggest the presence of yellow jackets.
If you suspect you have yellow jackets on your property, we advise you to contact our team of professional pest exterminators to safely and effectively handle the yellow jacket removal.
Call Our Team To Get Started Now
Should pests persist in between scheduled treatments, simply let us know and we'll re-service your home for no additional cost to you. That's our guarantee to you.
*Paske Pest Control & Wildlife Solutions reserves the right to determine if retreatment services are necessary.
Veteran-owned and operated, our focus is giving you and your family peace of mind.
Don't wait weeks for an appointment. Book us same-day!
Our team is fully licensed, insured, and vetted.
Pest-related emergencies can't wait. Call for immediate help.